Apr 30, 2018
In the world of medicine, it is commonplace for students and doctors to carry hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt. With such loan burden, it is often uncomfortable to have the conversation about how to deal with finances.
Achieving financial independence feels like a dream for many, yet there is a physician who has achieved just that. Physician On Fire is a blog writer on physicianonfire.com who has achieved financial independence.
As described on his website, "phyisicanonfire.com is a personal finance website created to inform and inspire both physicians and our patients with insightful writing from a physician who has attained financial independence and the ability to retire early. The site has a triple aim to leave visitors enlightened, educated, and entertained."
In this episode we learn about:
1. A Fun fact about Physician on Fire’s early Wrestling Career
2. How POF “stumbled into financial independence”
3. The simple habits POF had that aided him in achieving financial independence
4. How you can be financially independent in 15 years
5. How achieving financial independence has impacted his personal life, ability to negotiate at work, and more
6. The concept of Geographical arbitrage and how it can significantly impact your trajectory towards financial freedom.